Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A visit

From Mary Beth:

I got to visit Joseph and Kimberly at the hospital today. Soon after I got there, Kimberly was so excited to get her iv's out.


Joseph said I should've seen what she looked like just a day ago, all hooked up, with several different bags pumping stuff into her.
Kimberly had just gotten up and cleaned up when I got there, so she wanted her hair fixed. So I got to braid her hair. We also put a little makeup on, because makeup always makes a girl feel better.

The social worker came to visit Kimberly and Joseph - it was a lady that Kimberly had previously worked with. The lady said that Spence is off to a great start.

The pictures of the diapers didn't make me think the diapers were so tiny, until I saw one in person, it fit in the palm of my hand, and so I tried to take another picture to show just how tiny these TOO BIG FOR SPENCE diapers are


The nurse phoned to say Kimberly could go home tomorrow. Kimberly told me that Spence will be in the hospital until his due date in August. I could hear babies crying on either side of Kimberly's room. There were mothers' that were getting to hold their new babies and listen to them cry. But there is my sweet sweet friend Kimberly, having only seen her son 1 time since he was born, and has to leave the hospital tomorrow but has to leave him there for MONTHS. I can not imagine the emotions that my friends are feeling. But Kimberly has a beautiful smile on her face the entire time I'm there.

It makes me think of Heavenly Father speaking to Joseph Smith "...peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflicitions shall be but a small moment; and then if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph..." This is the beginning of a big challenge for Kimberly and Joseph, and for Spence. But if they endure it well, they will be blessed.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Beautifully said Mary Beth! They are in my prayers!

lrtexrob said...

Tell Kimberly and Joseph we are coming to see them this weekend. We are thinking about them constantly and now everyone at my office asks about them all the time. The prayer chain just keeps getting bigger and bigger. Love, Laura

Amber said...

I've been in that situation -- I had to leave the hospital without my baby for almost 3 months! It was one of the hardest things I've ever done. But, they just have to remember that Spence is in the BEST place he can be right now. That is the best NICU anywhere around and he is getting the best care possible!! I can't say enough about the care he will receive there - they took awesome care of my "27 weeker"!! Spence and the whole family have so many prayers being said for them right now!

Leigh This Way said...

Poor Kimberly, here I was getting upset because I'm his aunt and they won't let me in to see him when I come down this weekend and poor Kimberly has only got to see him once. I'm glad that she gets to go home though.

Heather said...

I'm sad I missed out on the makeover. I love playing! =) Well great news that Kimberly is doing so well. I too have noticed their up beat, positive attitudes. It's a testimony strengthener that's for sure. We continue to pray for them all. =)