Saturday, May 16, 2009

Friday update from Mommy

Spence is doing well, his billirubin light unfortunately had to be put back on on Wednesday but today when I went to see him they had it off of him again, so that is good. The nurse said that his number for the jaundice was at a 2.8 so it was low enough to have him be without his light therapy. If for any reason it should move above a 3 they are going to put his light therapy back on. He is stooling on his own in his colostomy bag and the leftover stool that was in the bottom half of his intestine is working its way out into his diaper, which the nurse's say is good because it means that the nerves in his lower intestine were not damaged in surgery. His night nurse said that he is very active and shows no signs of discomfort, they are actually weening him off of his ventalator hoping that in the next few weeks he wont need it at all. Another good thing is that the Doctors seem to think that since he is doing so well that they will be able to try feeding him some mommy milk sometime next week. The Doctor came around while I was visiting and said that even though Spence has two tiny brain bleeds, she feels that they will correct themselves and have no permanent or lasting effects. They will still do another scan of his tiny head to be sure. He will be 2 weeks old on Sunday and things are going great for him. Heavenly Father is truly amazing and I know that he is with us always. Little Spence is wrapped securely in Heavenly Fathers arms and I know he is going to be alright. I want to thank everyone again for the prayers, we are definately feeling them. Chloe said to me today that she feels Heavenly Father in her heart and is thankful for prayers. This experience although it has been difficult has really shown me that we are all connected and that no matter what Heavenly Father is always there for us.

2 comments:

Libbi said...

YAY!!! I am so close and my patients are too sick for me to go off the floor...but one day soon I will see your little man! For now, lots of prayers!!

Leigh This Way said...

Glad he's doing so well!