Sunday, May 17, 2009

From Mommy:

On Saturday Mom and Dad came with Joseph and I to the hospital. They were able to see Spence for the first time and just adore him. While Mom and I were up there, the nurse said he had gained some weight. He is now at 1 pound 11 ounces, and that is without being fed milk, so he is doing good packing on some weight :) Unfortunately Mom and Dad were unable to touch him this time because the Doctors and Nurses prefer that the touching be limited. Even Joseph and I have to limit our touching, the nurses say it wont always be this way but because he is so small and doing so well they don't want to chance anything. One of the nurses, to ensure that others wouldn't touch him put a little sign on his incubator it reads " Please Dont Touch Me ! My immune system if very week. One day I will be big and strong! Thank You Spencer". I thought it was funny that she signed it Spencer , she said it sounded more athoritative so she used it instead of Spence. It warms my heart that the Nurses love our little boy so much. I am greatful that Spence is in a safe place, where people love him. While we were in there Spence opened his eyes, it is amazing how one little look can just melt your heart. Luckily I was able to snap a picture when he did it. (picture coming soon) Other than that everything is pretty much the same as friday. I am so greatful that he is doing so well.

2 comments:

Leigh This Way said...

Yeah! I'm glad that mom and dad were finally able to see him. I know that mom really wanted to see him but since she had the sniffles, she didn't want to run the risk of getting him sick. I'm glad to hear that he's growing and doing so well!

Libbi said...

All incredible fantastic news...I love NICU nurses!!!