Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Newest Update on Spence

Things with Spence have been pretty much the same. Spence is now up to three bottles a day, and although he isn't finishing them, it is still really good that he is up to three. Spence now weighs 6 pounds 10 ounces and is 18 inches long. He is receiving breathing treatments everyday to help with his breathing. He has been wheezing a little bit so they are giving him pulmacort (sp?) treatments. The Doctor's aren't sure when he will be coming home but I am still hopeful for sometime in September. Once he does come home, the Nurse practitioner told Joseph and I the other day, that he will be put on Home Bound status until the end of April. So Spence will be almost a year old before he is allowed out in public. Little Spence is doing well he is more alert and is starting to find his little voice. He doesn't cry nearly as loud as Addison or Chloe yet, but I think he will be just as loud. Our poor little spence is a lot more tired since he has started eating from the bottle three times a day. The Doctor's and Nurse's say that this is normal. It is a lot of work for someone so small to eat from a bottle, especially when they have respitory issues. So I have decided that it would be best for me not to hold him unless I am feeding him. The Nurse's said that it is a good idea, that way he is resting and building his strength for his next feeding. I am so happy that he is doing so well and it looking so healthy. I am grateful for all the prayers being sent our way. We love you all ...

No comments: